Sunday, February 14, 2010

RIO DE JANEIRO- BRASIL (A.K.A BRAZIL)

On Feb 3rd, Instead of returning to NY, I flew to RIO for a week. During my time there I stayed at the Windsor Miramar in Copacabana and unfortunately although it was a great hotel with a fantastic view of the ocean, there was no wifi in the room so the blog updates were halted. I'm back in NY now so i'm going to backtrack a bit a post the some pics from RIO now. The city was really beautiful and the weather was amazing. I had a really great time!


The view from the Corcovado.







SUGAR LOAF w/ our lovely visitors- The Black tufted ear Marmoset monkey (Mico Sagui)
















COPACABANA BEACH- and views from my hotel.















Typical Brazilian dish: FEIJOADA
The Brazilian feijoada is prepared with black turtle beans, with a variety of salted pork and beef products, such as salted pork trimmings (ears, tail, feet), bacon, smoked pork ribs, at least two types of smoked sausage and jerked beef (loin and tongue).
This stew is best prepared over slow fire in a thick clay pot. The final dish has the beans and meat pieces barely covered by a dark purplish-brown broth. The taste is strong, moderately salty but not spicy, dominated by the flavors of black bean and meat stew.In Brazil, feijoada is traditionally served with rice, and accompanied by chopped fried collard greens (couve mineira), lightly roasted coarse cassava flour (farofa) and peeled and sliced orange.




The day I left I stopped by the CITY OF SAMBA where they were preparing all the floats/costumes for CARNIVAL (CARNAVAL in Portuguese). Each samba school had a different theme.






















Quick Stop in MIA before NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment